Advising people not to indulge during the holidays is a lot like placing a bag of M-n-M’s on a toddlers lunch tray and telling them ‘don’t touch’. It’s completely impractical and it’s never going to happen.
Instead of avoiding holiday treats, prepare your own homemade desserts (like the raw, vegan brownie recipe below) with good-for-you-ingredients that delight guests, keep you satisfied, and let you indulge wisely in the mist of holiday chaos.
1 cup walnuts
1 cup dates
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup cacao powder
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Food process the brownie ingredients until blended and dry chunky.
- Press into a small 9×9 pan.
- Put all icing ingredients into blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- Spread icing over brownies and place in freezer to set for 1 hour.
- When you are ready to serve, cut into 12 servings and enjoy!