February is the month of love and just in time for Cupid’s favorite holiday is a scientifically proven way to get healthy and happy with your special someone. Cuddling!
Cuddling for just 10 minutes a day, and regularly showering your partner with affection, provides a health boost for the mind, body, and spirit. Studies have shown that couples who lather a steady stream of hugs and kisses on each other not only strengthen their bond, but increase their odds of staying healthy as well. That’s just a bunch of Valentine’s Day mumbo-jumbo, you say? Here are the proven health benefits of cuddling:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Releases the ‘feel-good’ hormone oxytocin.
- Lowers stress and anxiety.
- Increases sexual desire. Regular sex is not only fun, but a key component to mental and physical health. Sex helps the body battle germs, promotes deeper sleep, and improves mood.
- Boosts memory.
- Improves communication.
- Encourages a positive disposition.
As you can see, when it comes to health, cuddling is pretty much the new half marathon. As if you needed another reason to snuggle up!