Summer has turned into fall and along with cooler weather comes the need for warmth in the body. With that in mind, what meals evoke a sense of comfort and warmth to you? Something rich and gooey? Hearty and grounding?
Here at Eat Clean Health, every program offered is based on bio-individuality; the concept that each person has unique dietary needs based on various factors, such as lifestyle, background, health conditions, and physical activity.
Keeping this concept of bio-individuality in mind, adapt this (or any) recipe to suit your specific nutritional needs and health goals. For instance, if you’re grain free, simply forgo the brown rice and add extra Bok Choy. If sole doesn’t appeal to you, try cod or halibut. Food is meant to energize and excite you, so create your meals accordingly!
Sesame Sole with Brown Rice & Baby Bok Choy
¾ cup water
¼ cup sesame seeds, black or white
2 sole fillets, 4-5 oz. each
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 baby Bok Choy bulbs, trimmed and sliced
Teaspoon ginger, fresh or dried
Teaspoon minced garlic
- Cook rice in medium pan. Bring rice and water to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is fluffy.
- Place sole on plate and rub oil on both sides. Press sesame seeds into sole to form a crust.
- Heat remaining oil (1 tablespoon) in skillet on medium heat. Once heated, add sole and cook until golden brown; approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove sole from pan and set aside.
- Add Bok Choy, ginger, and garlic to skillet. Saute until Bok Choy begins to wilt and season with pepper, if desired.
- Place rice and Bok Choy on plate(s), then add sole to top of grains and serve.
For additional recipes, nutrition information, detox programs, and healthy living motivation, don’t forget to sign up for Eat Clean Health’s monthly newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox on the 2nd Wednesday of every month!
And let us know if you have any favorite recipes you’d like us to test drive!