The Eat Clean Health kitchen LOVES homemade soups! We certainly have our favorites, which we’ve shared here before, but as of recent past, this homemade vegan tomato soup has quickly become the new go-to favorite. Plus, it’s super simple to make AND it tastes delicious either hot or cold.
Vegan Tomato Soup
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, parsley and basil and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the broth and almond milk and bring to a boil once again.
- Once the soup has cooled, puree in a blender until the soup is smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Stores in the fridge for 4-5 days.
If you have any favorite clean eating, clean baking, clean cooking recipes, please feel free to share. And for personalized support and information related to clean eating, balanced nutrition, and healthy lifestyle, visit Eat Clean Health and look at the variety of nutrition plans, programs, detoxes and meal plans found there. And don’t forget to sign up for the Eat Clean Health monthly newsletter.