Here at Eat Clean Health, we love hearty but healthy meals! To that end, here’s one of our favorites.
Sweet Potato Chili
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 28-ounce can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook garlic and onion a few minutes. Add potato and cook a few minutes.
Add beans, tomatoes and spices. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender.
Serve topped with Greek yogurt, fresh avocado slices and cilantro. For a milder version, omit the red pepper