We love dates! And no, not the pick-me-up at 7 for dinner and a movie kind of date. We’re talking about the deliciously healthy, chewy and sweet dates!
Dates are an excellent source of body-healthy vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K. Whew, all that’s found in just one date! In addition all this, dates are also an excellent source of fiber, which keeps your blood sugar stable and your cravings low. But that’s not all!
The Top 8 Health Benefits of Dates:
- Boost Energy Levels: Health, natural sugar accompanied by fiber equal increased energy within 1/2 hour of eating dates.
- Relieve Constipation: High in soluble fiber, dates promote healthy bowel movements, relieving symptoms of constipation.
- Regulate Digestive Health: High fiber combined with amino acids stimulate the digestive process and help the body assimilate nutrients.
- Bone Strength: Minerals such as calcium, magnesium and copper are essential to strong bone health.
- Weight Management: Vitamins, protein and naturally occurring sugar keep the body balanced PLUS satisfy sweet cravings.
- Healthy Nervous System: Potassium found in dates promotes a healthy nervous system and improves mental alertness and brain activity.
- Cancer Prevention: Research shows that dates may be effective in reducing your risk for stomach cancer. This, along with a healthy lifestyle will support your overall health.
- Heart Health: Dates reduce LDL cholesterol as well as the risk of stroke and heart disease.
To reap any or all of the health benefits listed above, snack on a handful of dates a few times per week to strengthen your body, increase your energy, and regulate your digestive health.